Well it’s been a fair time since I’ve done a live show… We have stayed on the airwaves every Thursday and will continue to do so, whether it be a takeover show, an ABU show, a rewind or a tape rip, it’ll still mean that you guys can convene in the chat room on a Thursday night for the usual banter.
I hope to be up and running soon and get back to doing some live shows… just gotta get my shit together!
I’m off FaceBook for a bit, actually I deactivated my account as I was sick to death of wasting time looking at stuff I have little or no interest in… “change your settings” you say… well I tried that and it seems now that a lot of groups I used to go in or people I follow have just… well, CHANGED… There’s only so much of the following that I can tolerate:
- Streams of pics of various Hip Hop memorabilia over and over, same stuff in different positions
- People liking things ‘cos they’re on the dillz and feel obligated to do so
- Petty word wars over the most banal shit
- People getting offended over playground banter
- Getting annoyed at one upmanship with the latest garms, trainers or vinyl (especially all the super limited edition over priced shit that gives me the raving hump that always seems to go to the same people!)
- Posting while drunk when I tell people what I think of them & regretting my lack of composure!
- etc etc etc… you get the picture
Don’t get me wrong, there’s a lot about FB that I like, it’s just I’d rather not think about it at the moment, so please continue to use the ABU! and DS groups and mention the show when you know it’s on… or not! Up to you…
I haven’t even been in the DS forum for about 3 months! I’ll be fixing that and using that to post stuff up in the future. Hell, I might even start doing the Old School Hip Hop Database again!
I’ll be back… I always am… let’s see how long this time… By the way you can still get at me on Twitter (@Waxer) and for anything DS related (@DiscoScratch) or for music submissions waxer [at] discoscratch [dot co dot uk]
See you around folks!